THC Welding, the Paso Robles company that specializes in sanitary process and stainless steel welding has some tips to help winemakers and brewers avoid last minute problems. Stainless steel is a durable metal that is especially valuable to producing wine, beer and spirits. Favorable characteristics include:
- Durability providing solid return on investment (ROI)
- Resistance to rust
- Easy cleaning which practically eliminates contaminants
Wine making has been part of life at least since humankind began recording history. The winemaking process has been pretty much the same over time in the sense that grapes are crushed, fermented then bottled. The introduction of the temperature controlled stainless steel tank in 1961 by Chateau Haut Brion may be one of the first major changes in wine making.
Regardless of the fermentation vessel a winemaker prefers, the invention of “rustless” steel in 1913 has had a great impact on improving the quality of “adult beverages.” Even traditional oak or cement wine fermentation processes have come to depend on stainless steel to some degree.
Crushers/stemmers, hoppers, tanks, ports, valves, filters, pipes and a variety of other components are made from stainless steel. The durability of stainless steel doesn’t mean something can’t go wrong and the best time to find a problem or a failure anywhere in the production system is before getting to work.
Inspecting the production system is the best way to avoid future problems.
- Observations during the production process are one way to discover a problem, but waiting until then can cause expensive delays. Keeping an equipment function log during production can help identify problems such as pipe leaks, faulty draining, or other compromised performance.
- A good time for inspecting the equipment is when cleaning and sanitizing between production runs. Prepare a checklist of components that need to be examined.
- Pay special attention to the stainless steel pipes. Stainless steel is a critical component to meeting sanitary regulations. If repairs are needed, a welder with experience in sanitary process welding, such as Paso Robles’ THC Welding, is going to get the repairs completed accurately and on time.
- Any damage to any component, a tank, hopper, pipes; any critical component of any part of the production process from fermentation to bottling needs immediate attention.
Why is sanitary process welding important?
Your stainless steel pipes, tanks and other equipment are critical investment in your business. When stainless steel needs to be welded it is important to work with a company that recognizes the importance of clean and sanitary equipment used in fermenting or distilling. Welding is a scientific art and skill requiring considerable knowledge and judgment that is acquired only through experience.
Installations and repairs must fit tightly to preserve the quality of the product and meet industry hygiene standards. This means no leaks that allow waste and nothing in the workmanship that allows particles to collect and contaminate the product.
THC Welding can provide you with the sanitary process welding that keeps your production processes running smoothly and to the high quality you work hard to reach and maintain. THC Welding provides sanitary process welding for:
- Customizing and retrofitting
- Replacing pipes or sections of pipes
- And more
Call today and rely on THC Welding for the best quality.